Friday, October 1, 2010

Friday BYOC - Bring Your Own Craziness

Thanks, Drazil for another lovely edition of BYOC!

1. Are you late, early or on time?
It's funny...the only thing I'm almost always late for is work. We have a kind of flexible arrival schedule, so I am kind of spoiled like that. Our editor calls it "The artist's schedule" and when he leaves early for the day, he says he's on "artist time" that day! LOL I'm almost always on time or early for appointments, meetings, events...

2. Name 3 things you dislike and 3 things you like:
Like:
1. Animals, all of 'em. I have a soft spot for all critters.
2. Art/Drawing/Painting/Photography/General Creative Craftiness
3. Traveling. I wish I could do more of it!
 Dislike:
1. People that have no sense of humor
2. My painful knees (but that's getting better)
3. Chapped Lips

3. Are you a morning or night person?
In college I was like most and was a night owl. Up late nights working on projects and stuff. When I got out and got a job I wished and hoped to become a morning, but it never happened. I'm a midday person. LOL That is when I have the most energy and when I wish I could bust outta my office and do something fun or productive. I love sunshine - it makes me wanna get going. Anytime it's sunny, I wish and dream of Pensacola Beach's white, beautiful sand! Even though it's getting too cool for it now...

4. What is your favorite clothes store?
I must second Drazil's Walmart. I get a lot of clothes from there. Especially basic solid colored Tshirts and things like that. I agree that they sometimes have a great selection of accessories too. Because I love the thrill of a great bargain, one of my FAVORITE places to shop is Burke's Outlet. Some other parts of the country it's called Beale's Outlet, I think. You never know what you are going to find, but I get awesome bargains there all the time. I just bought a new pair of size 24 Avenue jeans (I was wearing 32!) and I wish I had gone there first because I found some AWESOME jeans for $9.99 and I paid $25 for these. And Burke's Outlet always has a ton of jewelry and purses too for really really cheap. Sometimes shoes, but I have clown feet so that is a hard one for me!

5. Repeat question: Summarize your week in life and in blogland.
Life:
I've been trying to get my act together at work and get focused. I painted a lot this week for a work event (see yesterday's post) and that was really fun. I've still got a "to do" list for work and home that is a MILE long. I gotta get on it! My mom is coming over tonight for dinner and to see the grandkittens hahaha. I've got freelance to work on this weekend and I'm going to try to enjoy some beautiful fall weather with the husband. I've got to do some work on a collaborative art project this weekend too...
Blogland: 
I feel like I have abandoned my professional blog for this blog. I have been blogging for years, but this is the first time that I have had success and keeping and growing an audience. I think it's because this is a very like-minded community and folks and we are all on the same journey. It's also a community that is based on keeping up with one another via blogs whereas my professional career area uses way too many social media tools and I can't keep up with them all so my audience loses focus on blogging sometimes.

2 comments:

only a number said...

Folks with no sense of humor make me cranky too. I love to laugh and make others laugh. That bland "boy are you an idiot" look just drives me up a wall.

Walmart is fabulous. I also like CATO.

Have a great week!

Bonnie said...

I got a chill when I read your verification word on my blog. Weird, huh?