Monday, September 13, 2010

Wii Fit Workout : Gold's Gym Dance Workout

I went out to my local GameStop yesterday and picked up a copy of this Wii game for $29.99. I played with it yesterday a little and I think I am really going to like it! Granted, it's not an EASY game, but if you just move to it as best you can, you will sweat! It's highly customizable and I can really see the potential of the game to teach you some great moves.

I like the fact that the tutorials can be set to loop a certain part of it over and over - giving slow and choreographically challenged people like myself a chance to figure out what is going on! I have rhythm, but I'm just not very good at copying someone else's specific dance moves!

Not only does it have latin dancing, but it also has cardio boxing. So, you can make your own workout using those two elements along with mini-games. I'm not so sure about the mini-games yet, but maybe there is some cool-down or warm-up potential in there somewhere.

The game does not require the Wii Fit Balance Board, but it can be used to calculate your weight and keep track of it. I can't believe how few games actually need the Balance Board! Oh well, I still like my Wii Fit stepping!

No comments: