Thursday, September 2, 2010

3 Weeks Post-Op

It has been 3 weeks since I changed my life forever! Since I have been a grown adult with a job with insurance, I have been doing my darndest to change my health and maintain a healthy weight. It never worked out for me. No pills, no gyms, no support group was ever enough, so I decided to get a tool that would suppliment my will-power and hard work. I have lost weight on my own by changing habits, but this time, there is no going back!

My heaviest weight (around 2006/2007): 379
My weight this time last year: 350
My weight pre-op diet: 333
My weight pre-op Surgeon's Visit: 324
My weight on surgery date: 320
My current weight 3 weeks out: 305

I have to say, I was surprised at how much harder this surgery was than my gallbladder removal in March. I thought it would be pretty comparable, but Lap-Band was quite a bit more draining. When thinking through it all, it makes sense that this is more difficult. You have more incisions, you have more areas that need healing and you have the introduction of a foreign object into your body along with a major change and reduction in calorie in-take.

I have to allow myself to recover and have some patience! Yesterday was exactly 3 weeks and I am just NOW getting a little of my energy back!

I just realized that it has been at least 4 weeks since I have had any "bad foods". That is one entire month of no candy bars or "treats" and no fast food or large portions. I've been on diets before, yes, and I've gone even longer than that without sugar before, but I've never been able to cut out sugar and maintain very small portions before.

Yay me!

No comments: