Tuesday, September 14, 2010

I wish I liked exercise.

I like my gym. It is where all the fat, strange, and homely people work out. I fit into at least one of those categories, so I fit in just fine :) In our town, Gold's Gym is like a meat market and my gym is where the fat people go to try their best. At least I don't feel self-conscious when I go, but I just wish I liked going more.

Hopefully my personal satisfaction from exercise will improve as I lose weight and it becomes less painful to work out. My husband loves to work out - he gets a rush from it. I wish I did, but I do not. I just feel kind of crappy afterwards...not muscle soreness, but I get achey all over. I could not sleep last because my legs hurt so bad and tylenol didn't even touch the pain.

It had been so long since I had been to the gym that I couldn't even log in anymore. I had to go get them to reactive my account! However, part of that was because I wasn't working out on the floor the last time I was there - I had been doing water aerobics, so I had no need to log in for quite a while now.

I walked for 35 minutes. I'm in the baby-steps phase of exercise. It hardly seems worth the hassle to change clothes and drive over there just to stay 35 minutes, get sweaty and leave. But, if I stay longer, I'll end up pushing myself too hard and won't be able to (or want to) go back for a while. If it wasn't so freakin' hot in the south, I would just walk outside in the neighborhood, but the AC is worth the gym membership when your only other option in the summer is 100 degree weather!

Here's to hoping this get's easier!

No comments: